Mr Bhattacharjee is an experienced surgeon and offers keyhole surgery privately and on the NHS.
Minimal Access Surgery (Keyhole Surgery):
Keyhole Surgery, that is Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, has revolutionised Gynaecological surgery. It enables women to have most complex procedures as day cases, leaving very small scars on the tummy (1 cm or less in most cases) that are almost invisible. In most cases she does not have to stay in a hospital even for a night. The overall recovery is much quicker and the pain (and therefore the need for pain killers) is much less.
The procedures that are done by Keyhole Surgery includes:
- Myomectomy (Removal of fibroids)
- Hysterectomy (Removal of uterus)
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Removal of ovary
- Tubal surgery (opening blocked tubes or removing damaged tubes)
- Removing uterine polyps
- Endometriosis (can cause extreme pelvic pain or infertility)
- Salpingectomy (removal of fallopian tubes)
- Diagnose and treat pelvic pain
- Diagnose and treat irregular bleeding
Mr Bhattacharjee offers these surgeries in his NHS and private practice.