Mr. Parijat Bhattacharjee recognises that improvements in health care can be demonstrated by one-stop investigations and treatments
One-stop gynaecology is a unique concept where investigations and treatments are offered within minimal appointments, thus saving time and costs. He believes in ensuring that every visit to see a Consultant must be as fruitful as possible.
Most of Mr Bhattacharjee’s Gynaecology clinics are 'One Stop Clinics'.
One-stop Gynaecology clinics are helpful for investigating and treating:
- Pelvic pain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Painful periods
- Heavy periods or very light periods
- Polycystic ovaries
At the one-stop Gynaecology clinic, the following can all be undertaken at the same visit:
- Taking a detailed history and examination;
- Necessary investigations;
- Gynaecological ultrasound scan done by the Consultant.
In many instances, treatment can be given at the same time as the examination and the scan, e.g. Mirena Intrauterine device insertion, medical management of heavy bleeding that can be helpful in many cases of irregular bleeding or pelvic pain or for contraception.
- In most instances, therefore, a diagnosis, investigations and treatment are completed at the same visit. If a surgery is necessary, it can be discussed on the same day so that women and couples can go home to decide on the best options.